Onondaga County Health Department Communications
The Onondaga County Health Department strives to provide the public with up-to-date health information and news on a regular basis. We accomplish this by:
- Distributing news releases about breaking local public health news and seasonal health information.
- Fielding inquiries from reporters and students
- Coordinating relevant media interviews with Health Department staff
- Publishing articles in local newspapers, publications, blogs, and more
- Arranging press coverage during public health emergencies
- Providing access to health data, publications, and reports
- Posting local health news, alerts, and information on our websites and social media platforms
- Implementing media campaigns on issues that impact our community’s health
- Conducting new and innovative strategies to create a dialogue with Onondaga County residents about health issues that affect them (phone banks, surveys, polls, etc.)
- Partnering with local businesses, community agencies, schools, and other organizations to get necessary health information directly to county residents
Follow this site to be notified when new blog articles or press releases are published. For information about the Health Department and our programs and services, visit our website and follow our Facebook page!
All media inquiries to the Onondaga County Health Department should be directed to email@example.com. Please provide the details of the request, including:
- Information being requested
- Preferred format (interview, written statement, data, etc.)
A Health Department representative will respond as soon as possible.